Last Updated: October 2023
Our Pledge to You.
Changes to the Policy.
Why do we Collect Information?
MatchRX collects information for necessary reasons. Pharmaceutical products and the legal right to engage in transactions involving pharmaceutical products is regulated under state and federal laws. Without the collection of confidential information relating to you and your organization, it would not be possible for the MatchRX website to provide the functionality that is provided through the Services.
What Information does MatchRX Collect?
We collect information about your use of our Services, including commercial information like purchase and sale history. We also gather various types of Personal Information, as explained in more detail below. We use this information internally in connection with our Services, including to: personalize, provide, and improve our Services; allow you to set up a user account and profile; contact you; enable fulfillment of requests for pharmaceutical products, and analyze how you use the Services. In certain cases, we may also share some Personal Information with third parties, but only as described below.
Information You Provide to Us
We receive and store any information you knowingly provide to us. For example, if you register to use our Services, we require the following identification information: your name, the legal name of your business, the business DBA, your business address, email address, cell phone number, business phone number, business fax, DEA license number, State license number, tax identification number, NCPDP number, NPI number, and banking information, all of which are required to process your application. We also may receive some information about your pharmacy from other sources and may add it to your account information. For example, we might get your updated address from a shipper or license number from a public state license portal. In some cases, we may request additional information to validate your business, such as photos of your store or your social media profiles.
Communication with Us
We collect Personal Information from you when you communicate with us, for example when you request information about our services, contact our Support team, apply for a job, or register for our newsletter.
Surveys and Contests
We may ask you to participate in optional surveys, where you may be asked to provide Personal Information. Additionally, we may conduct contests where you may be asked to provide Personal Information. This information may be used to contact you about the contest, and for other promotional and marketing purposes, as permitted by law. Additionally, note that some jurisdictions require us to publicly share information about sweepstakes and contest winners.
Forums and Social Media
Information Collected Automatically
These technologies are small data files that we transfer to your browser or device that allows us to provide and enhance our Services. You may be able to change the preferences on your browser or device to prevent or limit your device’s acceptance of these technologies, but this may prevent you from taking advantage of some of our features.
We may use analytics service providers, including Google Analytics, to collect information regarding visitors to our Services, such as their behavior on our Services or information about their demographic. For more information about Google Analytics, see https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. To opt out of Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Online Tracking and Do-Not-Track
Information Collected from Third Parties
If you access our Services through a third party or social networking site, we may collect information about you from that third-party application if that information has been made public via your privacy settings with that third party. We may receive information about you from other sources to supplement the information we have collected about you.
How Does MatchRX Use Your Information It Collects?
We use the information we collect about you for various business purposes as described below.
- Allow you to set up a user account and profile
- Fulfill your requests for products
- Provide customized content, offers, or Services, including marketing content via email, social media, SMS, or other channels
- Communicate with you about your account and updates to our Services
- Determine your order or account limits
- Process payments
- Provide advertising, analytics, and marketing
- Process applications and transactions
- Analyze how you use the Services
- Understand interest and engagement on the Services
- Engage in marketing or sales outreach
- Research and develop Services
- Improve and streamline our Services
- Other purposes you consent to or are notified of at the time you provide Personal Information
- Detect security incidents; protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity
- Ensure quality control
- Verify your identity and prevent fraud
- Debug to identify and repair errors
- Enforce our Terms and policies
- Audit or other compliance activities
- Comply with our legal obligations, protect your vital interest, or as may be required for the public good
De-Identified and Aggregated Information
We may use Personal Information to create de-identified, aggregated information such as: information about demographics, de-identified location information, information about devices used to access our Services, and de-identified, aggregate information on transactions on our Services that help our users understand and optimize activities.
Automatic Collection Technologies
Our use of automatic collection technologies such as cookies, beacons, pixel tags, scripts, and local storage objects fall into the following general categories:
- Strictly Necessary: Technologies that allow you to access our Services and use our features and tools that help us identify irregular site behavior and prevent fraudulent activity or improve security.
- Measurement: Technologies that collect information about your use of our Services, including measuring, understanding, and reporting on your usage of the Services.
- Information Storage and Access: Technologies that store information or provide access to information that is already stored on your device, such as your shopping cart.
- Content Selection, Delivery, and Reporting: Technologies that select and deliver content for you, and measure the effectiveness of that content, including information about what content was shown, how often or how long it was shown, when and where it was shown, and what actions, if any, you took on the content.
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We do not link this automatically-collected data to other information we collect about you.
Your browsing activity may be tracked across different devices. For instance, we may match your activity on our website using your mobile device with your browsing activity on your laptop. To do this, we may match information such as your browsing patterns, geolocation, and device identifiers where it appears to be related to the same user.
APIs and SDKs
We may use third-party APIs and software development kits (“SDKs”). For more information about our use of APIs and SDKs, contact us as described below.
Will MatchRX Share Any of the Personal Information It Receives?
We do not rent nor sell your Personal Information in personally identifiable form to anyone. We may disclose the categories of information as expressly provided below.
We may share your Personal Information with the categories of third parties described in this section:
- When You Request That We Share Your Information: We may offer Services, features, or promotions that involve sharing your information with a third party. If you request or agree to have your information shared with a third party as part of a feature or Service, we will share that information at your request.
- De-Identified Information: We may provide de-identified or aggregate information to our partners, including usage information to help our partners understand how often and in what ways people use our Services, so that they, too, can provide you with an optimal online experience. Before we share this information, we take reasonable efforts aligned with industry best practices to ensure that this information cannot identify you.
- User Profiles and Submissions: Certain user profile information, including your name, location, and any video or image content that such user has uploaded to the Services, may be displayed to other users to facilitate user interaction within the Services or address your request for our services. Please remember that any content you upload, along with any Personal Information or content that you voluntarily disclose online in a manner other users can view (on posting notes, order revision comments, etc.) becomes publicly available, and can be collected and used by other members.
- Business Transfers: We may choose to buy or sell assets, and may share and/or transfer customer information in connection with the evaluation of and entry into such transactions. Also, if we (or our assets) are acquired, or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, Personal Information could be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party.
- International Data Transfers: You agree that all information processed by us may be transferred, processed and stored anywhere in the world, including but not limited to the United States or other countries which may have data protection laws that are less stringent than the laws where you reside or do business. We have taken reasonable safeguards to require that your Personal Information will remain protected, and we require our third-party service providers to provide appropriate safeguards as well.
As noted in the User Agreement, we do not knowingly collect nor solicit Personal Information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are under 18, please do not attempt to register for the Services or send any Personal Information about yourself to us. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 18, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that a child under 18 may have provided us with Personal Information, please contact us as described below.
What Are My Privacy Rights and Choices?
You can always opt not to disclose information to us, but keep in mind some information may be needed "to register with us or to take advantage of some of our features.
- Opting Out of Communications: If you no longer wish to receive communications from us, click the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email or opt-out of email and text messages in your profile. Note you may still receive transactional emails from us.
- Opting Out of Cookies and Advertising: You may stop or restrict the placement of cookies on your device or remove them as your browser or device permits. Visit www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp, www.youronlinechoices.eu, www.youradchoices.ca/choices, and www.aboutads.info/choices/ to learn more about the choices available to opt out of cookies and advertising.
- Updating Your Account Information: Through your account settings, you may access, and, in some cases, edit or delete the following information you’ve provided to us:
- Email Address
- Phone and Mobile Number
- Payment Information
The information you can view, update, and delete may change as the Services change. If you have any questions about viewing or updating information we have on file about you, please
contact us as described below.
You may also have privacy rights including:
To the extent provided for by law and subject to any applicable exceptions, you may have the right to:
- Learn More: You may have the right to access the categories of Personal Information we have collected about you, the business purpose for collecting your Personal Information, and the categories of sources from which your Personal Information was collected.
- Access: You may have the right to receive a copy of data we have about you.
- Request Correction: You may request that we update information we have about you.
- Request Deletion: You may request that we delete information we have about you.
- Opt-out: You may have the right to instruct businesses that sell your Personal Information to stop doing so – MatchRX, however, does not sell Personal Information.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as described below. We will process your request in the time and manner required by law. To protect your privacy, we may take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request, such as by asking you to log in to your MatchRX account or confirm your email address. Your authorized agent may submit requests in the same manner, although we may require the agent to present signed written permission to act on your behalf, and you may also be required to independently verify your identity with us and confirm that you have provided the agent permission to submit the request. You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of your privacy rights.
We store Personal Information for as long as you use our Services or as may be necessary to fulfill the purposes for which the information was collected, provide our Services, resolve disputes or establish legal defenses, enforce our Terms or other agreements, engage in audits, protect our Services, prevent fraud, comply with the law, or for legitimate business purposes.
Is Personal Information About Me Secure?
You must prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer or device and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account. We endeavor to protect the privacy of your account and other Personal Information we hold in our records, but unfortunately, we cannot guarantee complete security.
MatchRX is committed to doing its best to maintain the security of information collected on our site. To try to prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place the appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Private account and customer information is located on a secured server behind a firewall; it is not directly connected to the Internet.
Encryption is a process by which a message or information is scrambled while it is in transit to MatchRX. It is based on a key that has two different parts, public and private. The public part of the key is distributed to those with whom you want to communicate. The private part is for the recipient’s use only. So long as you use a browser that allows for encryption, when you send Personal Information to us, you use a public key to encrypt your Personal Information. If your information is intercepted during the transmission, it is scrambled and very difficult to decrypt. Once we receive your encrypted Personal Information, we use the private part of our key to decode it.
When you enter sensitive information (such as DEA License number, State License number and NPI number) on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security and you use the Services at your own risk. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
What if I have questions about this policy?
210 E Third St, Suite 100
Royal Oak MI 48067